Giles Barrie has been editor of Property Week since 2003. Before working for Property Week he was news editor and deputy editor of the title’s sister magazine Building. Prior to that he was news editor at the architects’ newspaper Building Design. Giles started as a reporter at Property Week’s forerunner Estates Times in 1989, having graduated in English & History from Leeds University. He led Property Week to the PPA Weekly Magazine of the Year title in 2007 and 2009, and was named PPA Editor of the Year in 2009, too. He was short listed for the BSME Business Editor of the Year category in 2006 and 2007, and Highly Commended in 2008. He is married with a daughter (11) and son (8) and lives in Charlton, south-east London. Follow @GilesBarrie
- Tel: 020 7921 8562
- E-mail: email@example.com
After a half-century in property, riding four booms and busts, Martin Myers is diversifying — just as he predicts the start of a new cycle. Giles Barrie reports. Photography by David Vintiner
Communities secretary Eric Pickles’ promise to ease office-to-residential conversion last month has become one of the biggest property talking points of the year.
Another week, another agency team on the move. BNP Paribas Real Estate’s recruitment of five retail experts from Deloitte Real Estate isn’t big news in isolation, but it becomes a big story as part of the merry-go-round of people moves so far this year.
- Google and geeks put buzz back into London
- Time retail was dragged Intu 21st century
- Here’s to a market stirring in 2013
- Arrowcroft regroups under Hai after Faircroft merger
- 'Showrooming' hits high street
- Redefine grows in Germany
- Chinese vie for £800m Chiswick Park
Last year’s MAPIC in the midst of the Eurozone crisis was one of the bleakest events I have attended – this year the mood was brighter as retail property basked in the Cannes sun.
Following yesterday's dramatic news of their arrest - accompanied by plenty of 'I told you so remarks', people now seem to feel sorry for Robert and Vincent.
It is amazing that news of the Tchenguiz brothers’ arrest broke during MIPIM week.
- Barrie's Big Winners of 2010
- My verdict on Simon's Capital Shopping Centres bid
- Who's who of London property congratulates City planning chief
- The day Donald Trump phoned my wife...
- Wool-ass should be feeling sheepish, says Barrie
- BBC boils Barrie's blood
- Shame on you if you avoid tax, says Chief Rabbi