Retargeting enables businesses to maximise the effectiveness of their digital marketing, by displaying your adverts to people who’ve already visited your site as they continue to browse the internet.
Property professionals can use this to remind prospective homemovers of their brand and value proposition, even after those users have left their website.
Increase brand awareness
It’s crucial for estate agents to build relationships with their customers, especially when there is so much competition in the industry.
Retargeting is an ideal digital tool for reinforcing your brand image and value proposition in the minds of an audience who have previously engaged with your business online.
More engagement for less effort
People are more likely to return to a website if they are exposed to reminders about it afterwards. 26% of customers revisit a site through retargeting, compared to 8% without. Retargeting allows you to continue to keep your business in front of an audience you’ve already spend time on getting to your site.
The best bit - retargeting often has a lower cost per click, and a higher conversion rate than other marketing channels. Statistics suggest website visitors that are retargeted with display ads are 70% more likely to convert on a website, which makes retargeting an even more appealing marketing method.
How to create effective retargeting campaigns:
- Set goals - Determine the objective(s) and measurables you want your campaign to achieve and who you want to target.
- Find your platform - Test across all platforms - Google AdWords, Facebook and Twitter are great places to start. From there, report on which platform has the highest conversion rate, then you can ensure you’re using the right tool for your audience. Google AdWords will target people browsing the web, Facebook Ad Manager and Twitter Ads are where you set up advertising on social media.
- Set yourself up - You’ll need to insert some code into your website from Google, Facebook or the platform you’re using, so they can track your visitors. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the help section of the platform you’re using.
- Segment your audience - Build profiles for your target audiences - for instance first time buyers or people searching for property in a specific area - so you can deliver them targeted messaging by determining what they’re in the market for. This can be done through Google AdWords, Facebook Analytics or Twitter Analytics.
- Test your message - Rotate your ads to see which creative and messaging gets the most attention. And put on a frequency cap of around 9 ads per month so your content stays fresh to your audience.
Things to consider
With retargeting it’s difficult to extend your audience base and find new people.
If you aren’t getting enough new users to your website, you could see an initial increase in engaged users when incorporating retargeting into your digital marketing plans, but those results could plateau.
This is why ZPG developed AdReach. We do all the hard work so property professionals can retarget an advert of their choice to the most relevant visitors once they leave our websites, such as Zoopla, PrimeLocation and SmartNewHomes. Our property portals receive 50+ million visits every month and we can identify landlords, buyers, sellers, and renters, as well as desired location and property type.
Because AdReach uses ZPG first party data, it’s not affected by data regulation changes as some third party tools and agencies have been recently. And best of all, you only pay when your ad is clicked.
No comments yet