Ashwell has received planning consent for a 14.6 acre mixed-use development on the former Marconi factory site in Chelmsford, Essex.
The developer, which last week received consent for a major scheme in Cambridge, plans a 1m sq ft scheme at the factory site called LandMarc.
It has been designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, and will be one of the largest redevelopment schemes in the south east.
Ashwell says LandMarc will create a new commercial quarter next to Chelmsford railway station and comprises:
• 320,000 sq ft of office space
• An improved transport interchange around Chelmsford railway station
• 715 residential units
• A 125 bed hotel, of around 6,000 sq ft
• Leisure and community facilities, including cafés, shops and restaurants
• An 'Early Years' childcare centre.
Sven Topel, investment and development director at Ashwell, said: 'LandMarc is a vital step forward in Chelmsford’s Regeneration Plan and will position the town as a strong regional hub for business. Chelmsford is just 40 minutes by train from London, and this important Town Centre regeneration will provide the office space needed to attract and retain major employers.'
No start date has been provided.