Global corporate real estate organisation CoreNet has appointed Nokia’s UK-based vice-president of workplace resources, Mark Tamburro, as its first non-American chairman.
Tamburro will take up office when the new board year starts on 12 May, at the close of the CoreNet Global summit in San Diego.
Tamburro replaces Sun Microsystems senior vice president David Harris as the chairman of the 7,000 member-strong group.
Barry Varcoe of Royal Bank of Scotland has been chosen as the chair-elect for the year, and will succeed Tamburro as chairman in 2009.
Stephen Stoner, managing director, central region, of First Industrial Realty Trust, has been appointed treasurer.
Five new directors have also been appointed:
· Richard Paver, vice president group real estate, bp International
· Mark Schleyer, vice president corporate real estate, AT&T
· Lee Utke, director, global corporate real estate, Whirlpool
· Rick Bertasi, vice president and general manager, EMEA global workplace solutions, Johnson Controls
· Bruce Ficke, executive vice president client solutions, Cushman & wakefield
And a further five associate directors, on a one year term:
· Steve Hargis, senior vice president, HOK
· Tim McGrath, assistant deputy minister, public works & government services, Canada
· Mary Jane Olhasso, director of economic development, City of Ontario, California
· Bruce Richards, national portfolio manager, corporate real estate group, Australia Post
· Randy White, senior director Asia Pacific, DTZ