Parkridge Holdings has secured planning consent for it £40m mixed used development at Cradle Bridge in Trowbridge in Wiltshire.

Wiltshire County Council’s Western Area Planning Committee last night voted to allow the redevelopment of the Peter Black factory site.

The joint venture between Waitrose and Parkridge includes a supermarket, hotel, restaurant, cafe, flats and parking.

Councillors specified that the supermarket – which Parkridge is hoping will be anchored by Waitrose – should not be let to a retailer already in Trowbridge.

This will include Sainsbury which signed up to 28,000 sq ft at Trowbridge Property Investments’ mixed use development in the Town Centre in January.

They also agreed the terms of the section 106 agreement that dictated there should be an affordable housing provision of 30%, of which 83% should be on the site, and the remaining 17% through funding.

Parkridge will have to fund a children’s play area and public open space, as well as contributing £194,954 for the equivalent of eight primary school places and six secondary school places.

The developer will also invest in highways improvements and a pay £100,000 for a footbridge to be built over the river Biss.