Housing minister Iain Wright today announced the board members for the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA).
The HCA board, the body driving housing and regeneration in England, will be chaired by Robert Napier and includes Kate Barker, Professor Peter Roberts, Bob Lane, Candy Atherton, Margaret Fay, Shaukat Moledina, Don Wood, Ian Robertson and Dru Vesty.
Members will be paid £13,000 for a two-day monthly commitment.
HCA chair, Robert Napier, said: ‘From a very good field we have appointed a board of great talent. The careers of the new board ensure we have practical experience around the table of all the issues, challenges, and opportunities facing the HCA.’
- Kate Barker, board member of the Housing Corporation, member of the Monetary Policy Committee, Bank of England and external adviser to HM Revenue and Customs
- Professor Peter Roberts, chair of the Academy for Sustainable Communities and professor of sustainable spatial development at the University of Leeds
- Bob Lane, senior adviser to consultancy group EDAW, board member of the National Housing & Planning Advice Uni
- Candy Atherton, chair of the Rural Housing Advisory Group and non-executive board member of the Housing Corporation
- Margaret Fay, non-executive chair of One North East Regional Development Agency and board member of English Partnerships
- Shaukat Moledina, deputy chair of the Housing Corporation
- Don Wood, chair of the London Housing Foundation, previously group chief executive of London & Quadrant Housing Group and director of New Islington & Hackney Housing Association
- Ian Robertson, member of the Audit Advisory Board of the Scottish Parliament Corporate Body and previously group chief executive of Wilson Bowden;
- Dru Vesty, founder of consultancy Estea, and non-executive board member of the London Thames Gateway Development Corporation and a member fo the planning committee of the Olympic Development Authority.