Under the terms of my development agreement, any dispute is to be referred for expert determination. If the expert incorrectly decides against me, can I challenge their decision in court?

Aruna Sarwar

It would depend on which way the expert is ‘incorrect’. You might be surprised to learn that if parties to a contract have agreed to be bound by an expert’s determination, and have not included provisions to allow a challenge, generally the court will not intervene.

This is premium content

You must be logged in to view premium stories.

Gated access promo

Subscribe for full access

Take out a print and online or online only subscription and you will get immediate access to:

  • Breaking industry news as it happens
  • Expert analysis and comment from industry leaders
  • Unlimited access to all stories, including premium content
  • Full access to all our online archive

To get access to premium content subscribe today

Alternatively REGISTER for a free trial to access up to 4 articles and sign up for email alerts

If you are already a registered user or a subscriber you can SIGN IN now