Movers & ShakersMovers & Shakers is the UK’s leading property and construction networking forum - now in its 22nd year; with vast experience in bringing together senior executives in the marketplace and generating opportunities. The forum continues to grow in popularity and stature, and is unrivalled in its position as the UK’s number one property networking forum.
Latest Movers & Shakers News
The first Movers & Shakers event of 2017 featured the first-ever 20/20 presentations covering 20 slides with 20 seconds for each.
Christmas is the season for many outlandish antics but it was still a surprise to see Capco investment director Gary Yardley perched on the back of a Vespa with German stand-up comedian Henning Wehn at the end of the Movers & Shakers annual dinner.
The great and good of London property gathered to discuss the capital’s housing crisis - PW reports on five key issues that emerged from the annual London Property Summit this November.
City Hall is working up plans to scrap viability assessments for developments that meet a fixed affordable housing percentage of around 35%, London’s deputy mayor for housing has confirmed.
It is a “myth” that average Londoners have enough money to pay for housing allocated as affordable, the leader of the borough of Kingston said today.
Property Week speaks to GVA’s Jerry Freeman at the latest Movers and Shakers’ London Residential Breakfast as he profiles the highlights of talks from leading speakers Mike Slade (chairman, Helical plc), Richard Upton (deputy chief executive, U+I) and David Partridge (managing partner, Argent).
Two of Britain’s leading housebuilders have backed Theresa May as the next prime minister, saying her appointment would put an end to a “damaging period of political instability”.
30 March 2017
Regenerating and investing in the West Midlands
Venue: Macdonald Burlington Hotel, 126 New Street, Birmingham, B2 4JQ
Time: 7.00am prompt - 9.30am finish (Networking Cafe 9.30am - 10.30am)
Event speakers include:
- Richard Probert, Project Director - Snowhill, Ballymore Group
- Aileen Wiswell MBE, Regional Lead, Western Region & Wales, Government Property Unit | Cabinet Office
- Peter Ferrari, Chief Executive, AshbyCapital
- Chris Perkins, Head of Business Space, M&G Real Estate
- Stephen Walker, Deputy Head of Asset Management - UK, Aberdeen Asset Management PLC
26 April 2017
Estates renewal - regenerating homes & communitites
Venue: The Dorchester, Park Lane, London, W1K 1QA
Tel: 020 7629 8888
Time: 7.30am prompt - 9.45am finish (Networking Cafe 9.45am - 10.30am)
Event speakers include:
- Richard Cherry, CEO, Partnerships, Countryside Properties
- James Murray, Deputy Mayor for Housing & Residential Development, GLA
- Pete Gladwell, Head of Public Sector Partnerships, Legal & General Property
- Kate Davies, Chief Executive, Notting Hill Housing
- Cllr Peter John OBE, Leader of the Council, Southwark Council