Movers & ShakersMovers & Shakers is the UK’s leading property and construction networking forum - now in its 22nd year; with vast experience in bringing together senior executives in the marketplace and generating opportunities. The forum continues to grow in popularity and stature, and is unrivalled in its position as the UK’s number one property networking forum.
Latest Movers & Shakers News
The first Movers & Shakers event of 2017 featured the first-ever 20/20 presentations covering 20 slides with 20 seconds for each.
Christmas is the season for many outlandish antics but it was still a surprise to see Capco investment director Gary Yardley perched on the back of a Vespa with German stand-up comedian Henning Wehn at the end of the Movers & Shakers annual dinner.
The great and good of London property gathered to discuss the capital’s housing crisis - PW reports on five key issues that emerged from the annual London Property Summit this November.
City Hall is working up plans to scrap viability assessments for developments that meet a fixed affordable housing percentage of around 35%, London’s deputy mayor for housing has confirmed.
It is a “myth” that average Londoners have enough money to pay for housing allocated as affordable, the leader of the borough of Kingston said today.
Property Week speaks to GVA’s Jerry Freeman at the latest Movers and Shakers’ London Residential Breakfast as he profiles the highlights of talks from leading speakers Mike Slade (chairman, Helical plc), Richard Upton (deputy chief executive, U+I) and David Partridge (managing partner, Argent).
Two of Britain’s leading housebuilders have backed Theresa May as the next prime minister, saying her appointment would put an end to a “damaging period of political instability”.
Manchester City Council should not be acting as property developers, according to a prominent local developer.
Brexit could turn out to be the property industry’s ‘millennium bug’, SEGRO chief executive David Sleath has said.
01 March 2017
Delivering more homes for Scotland
Venue: The Principal Edinburgh, 19 - 21 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PB
Tel: 0131 225 1251
Time: 7.30am prompt - 9.30am finish (Additional Networking until 11.00am)
Event speakers include:
- Barry White, Chief Executive, Scottish Futures Trust
- Nicola Barclay, Chief Executive, Homes for Scotland
- Colin Rae, Group Development Director, Places for People
- John Hamilton, Chief Executive, Winchburgh Developments
- Gerry More, PRS BTR Champion, Homes for Scotland
- Pauline Mills, Land & Planning Director, Taylor Wimpey East Scotland
- Ian Gilzean, Chief Architect, Scottish Government
- Michaela Sullivan, Group Land Manager, CALA Group Ltd
07 March 2017
The evolving London offices market - places, technology and investment
Venue: The Dorchester, Park Lane, London, W1K 1QA
Tel: 020 7629 8888
Time: 7.30am prompt - 9.30am finish (Networking Cafe 9.30am - 10.30am)
Event speakers include:
- Ben Brabyn, Head Level39, Canary Wharf Group plc
- Colette O’Shea, Managing Director, London Portfolio, Land Securities
- Rob Tincknell, Chief Executive, Battersea Power Station Development Company
- Jonathan Emery, Managing Director, Development, Lendlease
- Patrick Nelson, Executive Vice President of Real Estate, WeWork