Property Week is joining with derivatives exchange - Eurex - to explain how you can profit from property, whether the market is rising or falling.
The webinar is completely free to attend and will be broadcast on 23 April 2009 at 12noon UK time.
- Property derivatives, contracts based on market indices from Investment Property Databank, have been traded by investment banks and market makers, using brokers like Icap, GFI/CBRE and Tullett Prebon, since 2004. These have primarily been over-the-counter trades.
- Total volume in the UK property derivatives market in 2008 was £7.5bn.
- Since 9 February, 2009 investors have been able to trade property futures, for the first time on a listed exchange by Eurex, which is the derivatives exchange of Deutsche Boerse Group.
- Crucially, trading on Eurex mitigates counterparty risk - all trades are guaranteed by Eurex Clearing.
- Current market conditions, where there is so much uncertainty, create ideal conditions for derivatives trading.