Major planning applications must consult Active Travel England


Source: Shutterstock/wolfness72

Developers submitting planning applications for schemes exceeding either 150 homes,12 acres of land or 18,700 sq ft must now first consult a government executive agency about non-vehicular connectivity to schools and other amenities before getting approval.

This content is only available to registered users

You must be logged in to continue

Gated access promo

Would you like to read more?

Register for free to finish this article.

Sign up now for the following benefits:

  • Four FREE articles of your choice per month
  • Breaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happens
  • Choose from our portfolio of email newsletters

To access this article REGISTER NOW

Would you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £6 per week.

Registered users and subscribers SIGN IN here to continue