Donald Trump is being sued by buyers who lost millions of dollars in deposits on a failed hotel-condo in the Mexican border city of Tijuana.
The 69 buyers bought 71 units in Trump Ocean Resort Baja and paid deposits totalling between US$18m and $20m, said Bart Ring, their lawyer.
Buyers were told last month that the luxury oceanfront project was being scrapped and that there was no money left to refund deposits.
In December, they were told the project had only $556,000 left after collecting $32.2m in buyer deposits.
The 197-page complaint filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court seeks unspecified damages against Trump, his children Ivanka and Donald Jr and others including the Los Angeles developer Irongate Capital Partners.