Join us for the all-new RESI Convention, where we will gather some of the greatest minds from the residential sector and beyond to inspire, challenge and motivate you around the theme of ‘Debate. Diversity. Delivery’.
Property Week has lined up the biggest names in property and politics for RESI 2018, including new housing minister Kit Malthouse, who will deliver his first major industry address at the event. See the key highlights of the sessions below - and view the full agenda here:
Wednesday 12 September
- 14.00 – 15.30 Meet your future partner - Exclusive networking event for SME developers, landowners and local authorities.
- 16.00 – 17.30 Trailblazers welcome reception - By invitation only
- 17.30 Official welcome reception - The RESI Convention 2018 welcomes all delegates, guests and sponsors.
Thursday 13 September
- 09.00 Welcome from the RESI Chair and Host
- 09.05 Market overview - Savills residential research team will deliver up-to-date business-critical insight on market drivers and dynamics shaping the delivery of housing in the UK.
- 09.30 Question Time: Why are we no closer to solving the housing crisis? - In this Question Time-style debate, we will look at how the housing sector is seeking consistency and effective leadership from the government and what the industry needs to realistically deliver the target of 300,000 homes a year.
- 10.10 – 11.50 Networking break and refreshments
- 10.25 – 10.40 Construction tech - An interactive TED Talk-style lecture, with short Q&As.
- 10.50 – 11.35 Build-to-Rent: The next frontier - In this session we get under the skin of the BTR commercial reality, comparing productivity in London with the regions, and charting the next steps in the long journey to maturity.
- 10.50 Delivery: Masterclasses and Ask the Experts Choose from one of the following sessions:
- • Land and planning followed by Ask the Experts: Case studies in land acquisition and gaining planning consent.
- • SMEs and finance followed by Ask the Experts: The funding options.
- • Construction and delivery followed by Ask the Experts: How to build better relationships with contractors.
- 12.15 – 13.45 Lunch and networking
- 12.30 – 12.45 Asset & property management: Data and security - An interactive TED Talk-style lecture, with short Q&As.
- 13.00 – 13.15 Occupier engagement - An interactive TED Talk-style lecture, with short Q&As.
- 13.45 Political keynote address: Kit Malthouse MP, Minister of State for Housing
- 14.30 Panel: Modern methods of construction and offsite
- 15.10 – 16.00 Delivery: In focus breakout sessions Choose from one of the following sessions:
- • How to make sure build-to-rent is built to last
- • How to gain the competitive edge by incorporating health and well-being into residential schemes
- • Regeneration and the local community – the loss of momentum by Momentum
- • Show me the money – borrowers vs lenders
- • PropTech: In the round – open forum
- 16.00 – 16.40 Networking break and refreshments
- 16.15 – 16.30 Future proofing: The next 5 years - An interactive TED Talk-style lecture, with short Q&As.
- 16.40 RESI future gazing: Co-housing - Learn more about co-housing, intentional communities run by their residents, the international catalysts and the potential to scale this in the UK.
- 17.00 Question Time: RESI solutions - In this Question Time-style debate, we tie together all the topics of the day.
- 17.45 Chair’s closing remarks
- 17.45 – 19.30 Networking drinks reception
- 19.30 – 22.30 Gala dinner and RESI quiz
- 22.30 RESI Fest and post-dinner networking
Friday 14 September
- 10.00 Welcome from the RESI Chair and Host
- 10.05 RESI future gazing: Retail and RESI - How residential can help to unlock retail schemes, drive regeneration and create much needed additionality to housing supply.
- 10.35 Motivational speaker: The hostage negotiator - Learn how the intelligence gained from elite-level listening can be used to persuade, influence and negotiate, to revelatory effect.
- 11.00 – 11.30 Networking break and refreshments
- 11.30 Barratt Developments and RSPB – a walk on the wild side - Find out how the RSPB working with Barratt Developments and Aylesbury Vale District Council set a new benchmark for wildlife-friendly housing.
- 11.45 Keynote address: Alastair Campbell - Alastair Campbell is a writer and strategist, former Prime Minister’s spokesman, press secretary and Director of communications and strategy
- 12.15 Chair’s closing remarks
- 12.20 Lunch and farewell networking
- 13.00 The RESI Convention ends
Alongside the conference agenda we have a host of new features such as the ‘Meet your future partner’ networking event for SME developers, landowners and local authorities; find out who will make our Joint Victories shortlist; and meet our RESI Trailblazers, identified by the esteemed RESI Senate members as the sector’s rising stars.
No comments yet